DevOps Engineering ManagerDate posted 10/22/2021
Job Title:Software Engineering Manager, DevOps
Role Overview:McAfee Enterprise is looking for an experienced Software Engineering Manager to provide technical leadership and manage a team of engineers in our DevOps team. You will focus on infrastructure for production build and test services supporting Enterprise product development, using exciting technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Cloud environments (AWS/GCP). We require a hands-on technical leader that can develop scripting and monitoring solutions in addition to leading the team. You will report to the department manager for Product Development Services.
Organizations and governments around the world may have different priorities and transformation initiatives, but one thing in common is that all are faced with growing risk, advanced threats, and complex environments. Today, cybersecurity strategies are critical to long-term success, and McAfee Enterprise is here to provide the industry’s only comprehensive, proactive, cloud security platform. Our technology is designed to protect the people, hybrid infrastructure, IP, and reputation of your business through our actionable threat intelligence and world-class solutions. With a cloud-native portfolio that spans from device to cloud edge and multi-cloud, you can stay ahead of threats by predicting, preventing, detecting, and correcting them. Backed by our 30+ year history, you can trust that we have the focus, experience and expertise needed to continually innovate, and are committed to help you protect what matters most.
About the Role:
- Manage a team of DevOps Engineers through their prioritization of work, planning and scheduling, and performance reviews
- Maintain, and resolve any issues with the hardware infrastructure in the data center
- Oversee the regular software updates for the software infrastructure to maintain a strict security standard
- Hands-on and manage on-prem and cloud-based infrastructures
- Drive the convergence of monitoring solutions and unify existing data to promote detection and prevention of issues before they become major incidents, providing data to the broader team.
- Improve the migration of McAfee test environments from on prem to cloud hosted technologies, maintaining strict security standards.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in hardware infrastructure setup and maintenance
- 3+ years of experience with teams supporting data center hardware infrastructure
- 2+ years of relevant work experience delivering solutions for monitoring, OS patching, and service deployment
- 2+ years of experience managing 3 or more DevOps engineers delivering IaaS or PaaS services on-prem and in the cloud
- You will provide people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience managing infrastructure hosted in a cloud service provider such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS
- Experience developing alerting solutions programmer and as a technical lead of engineers
- Demonstrable experience with scripting
- Experience leading teams in separate geographies
- Assess and recommend new hardware and software technologies to improve infrastructure management and performance
- Kubernetes/Docker experience
- Familiarity with Packer image creation automation
- Have a passion for and commitment to customer support
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee Enterprise to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.