Graduate Software Development EngineerDate posted 10/22/2021
Job Title:Graduate Software Development Engineer
Role Overview:As a Software Engineer, you will be working on the development of next-generation security solutions on the Windows platform. Your input will be crucial to the success of our strategic mission to build industry-leading products that give the most consistent, reliable and effective security experience to our enterprise customers. You’ll collaborate with senior architects, senior engineers, management, quality engineers, product managers and other stakeholders to design and build innovative solutions to modern endpoint security challenges. This role is an opportunity to join a new, major program to build an innovative, integrated product based on next-generation technology and thought-leadership in the security industry.
You will be working as part of a strong, talented engineering team with both local and remote teams, from across the globe. You will collaborate with highly experienced engineers. You will be expected to work within a Scrum team and to guide and mentor junior engineers and to assist in their professional development.
Organizations and governments around the world may have different priorities and transformation initiatives, but one thing in common is that all are faced with growing risk, advanced threats, and complex environments. Today, cybersecurity strategies are critical to long-term success, and McAfee Enterprise is here to provide the industry’s only comprehensive, proactive, cloud security platform. Our technology is designed to protect the people, hybrid infrastructure, IP, and reputation of your business through our actionable threat intelligence and world-class solutions. With a cloud-native portfolio that spans from device to cloud edge and multi-cloud, you can stay ahead of threats by predicting, preventing, detecting, and correcting them. Backed by our 30+ year history, you can trust that we have the focus, experience and expertise needed to continually innovate, and are committed to help you protect what matters most.
About the Role:
- Develop well-structured, legible code that meets functional requirements, taking care to ensure quality and maintainability of your solutions. Follow the style and practices of Modern C++ development.
- Perform analysis and design using object-oriented techniques and, where applicable, apply software design patterns to devise elegant solutions that can be easily maintained and extended.
- Participate in code reviews within the team
- Write unit-tests to verify the integrity of your code and work with Automation Engineers to help devise automated functional tests.
- Follow engineering processes to ensure the highest quality products.
- Help contribute to innovation amongst engineering teams.
- Some experience in either C++, Java or C#
- Some experience with development tools such as Visual Studio, Visual Studio Debugger, WinDbg or other kernel-debuggers.
- Familiarity with Git, Jira, Confluence tool-stacks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to listen, adapt and influence are essential.
- Previous cybersecurity experience an advantage but not essential.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee Enterprise to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.