Senior Cloud DevOps EngineerDate posted 11/19/2021
Job Title:Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
Role Overview:As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for developing McAfee Enterprise Cloud Services as a member of an Agile product team based on the customer's business goals. You will take technical ownership of high-level feature requests and coordinate with our global product team.
• Part of a team that is responsible for McAfee Enterprise Cloud Services that enables protection at the endpoint products on a continuous basis.
• Playing a lead role in the architecture assessment and deployment of Cloud-based solutions
• Improving service quality through engineering best practices and by working with engineering, QA and product teams
• Responsible for the supporting efforts that improve operational performance and availability of McAfee Enterprise Production environments
• Responsible for continuous measurement and high availability of the Production environments
If you are passionate about building, running and continuously improving world class Cloud Platform Services, we are offering you a unique and great opportunity to build your career with us and gain experience working with high-performance Cloud systems.
Organizations and governments around the world may have different priorities and transformation initiatives, but one thing in common is that all are faced with growing risk, advanced threats, and complex environments. Today, cybersecurity strategies are critical to long-term success, and McAfee Enterprise is here to provide the industry’s only comprehensive, proactive, cloud security platform. Our technology is designed to protect the people, hybrid infrastructure, IP, and reputation of your business through our actionable threat intelligence and world-class solutions. With a cloud-native portfolio that spans from device to cloud edge and multi-cloud, you can stay ahead of threats by predicting, preventing, detecting, and correcting them. Backed by our 30+ year history, you can trust that we have the focus, experience and expertise needed to continually innovate, and are committed to help you protect what matters most.
About the role
- Work closely with Senior Engineers and Leaders and drive the design & implementation of our public Cloud automation platform
- Work with global Engineering Teams, Security and Operations colleagues to ensure best practices are followed while designing new solutions and services.
- Design, implement, document and constantly improve tools, monitoring and automation to deploy and promote code across the different tiers of the software lifecycle
- Partners with engineering architects to develop a clear understanding of the application stacks that power services for McAfee.
- Leads the assessment and configuration/deployment of cloud-based solutions and ensure seamless deployment
- Provides recommendations and solutions for the challenges that arise throughout the planning and execution phases of application deployment.
- Focus on cost optimization efforts across McAfee cloud solutions
- Evaluates new technologies and leads efforts to introduce them into the environment as per business requirements.
- Partners with the DevOps team peers to ensure major decisions align with existing standards and lessons learned from earlier deployment.
- Troubleshoots and identifies root causes for issues in complex environments.
- Follows McAfee security best practices and policies.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as requested (or required).
- 10+ years professional experience in administration of cloud-based production systems in AWS, GCP and on-prem (private cloud) environments.
- Proven ability to work independently, deploying, testing and troubleshooting systems
- Experience architecting and supporting highly available and highly scalable infrastructure.
- Previous experience as part of a DevOps Tools or CI/CD Team supporting Cloud applications, preferably for large-scale enterprise cloud solutions
- 5+ years managing CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gitlab, in multiple product and service environments.
- 5+ years leading the design and implementation of Cloud systems in AWS or GCP using tools like Kubernetes, Docker, Helm, Terraform, Chef, Jenkins or Ansible.
- Experience using modern Monitoring and Alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana, Opsgenie etc.)
- Previous experience handling multiple concurrent projects while partnering with senior engineers across DevOps, SRE, and Engineering teams
- A deep understanding of cloud-scale and micro/macro-services architectures, experience in operating high performance, highly scalable, self-healing and fault-tolerant multi-tenant SaaS based applications.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced with AWS Security (IAM, AWS Security Hub, Security Groups, KMS, etc.)
- Experience working with programming languages such as Python, C++ and Go
- Experience with mentoring team members
- At least one or more AWS Certifications and/or GCP Certifications
- Experienced with global traffic management tools, e.g. Akamai, Cloudflare
- Strategic planning skills.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee Enterprise to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.