Assigned Technical Contact / Technical Account ManagerDate posted 10/13/2021
Job Title:Assigned Technical Contact / Technical Account Manager
Role Overview:• The Assigned Technical Contact (ATC) manages the Premium Support relationship and ensures that McAfee is and continues to be considered a key technology partner within the enterprise account.
• ATC will be assigned to key accounts and will become the single point of contact for all post sales technical issues.
• This position requires someone who enjoys interacting with enterprise customers, and cross functional teams to drive customer issues to resolution.
• ATC will work closely with the Field Sales Team/PS Team to ensure that all McAfee products and services are deployed in a manageable and supportable way, and the customer gets the most out of their investment for the life of the contract.
• ATC will be assisting McAfee enterprise customers to resolve their technical issues in timely manner.
• As the McAfee platform integrates with many aspects of the Internet and customer infrastructure, a thorough understanding of Internet and Networking protocols is required.
Organizations and governments around the world may have different priorities and transformation initiatives, but one thing in common is that all are faced with growing risk, advanced threats, and complex environments. Today, cybersecurity strategies are critical to long-term success, and McAfee Enterprise is here to provide the industry’s only comprehensive, proactive, cloud security platform. Our technology is designed to protect the people, hybrid infrastructure, IP, and reputation of your business through our actionable threat intelligence and world-class solutions. With a cloud-native portfolio that spans from device to cloud edge and multi-cloud, you can stay ahead of threats by predicting, preventing, detecting, and correcting them. Backed by our 30+ year history, you can trust that we have the focus, experience and expertise needed to continually innovate, and are committed to help you protect what matters most.
- Interact with the assigned McAfee enterprise customers assigned via phone/email and provide the highest level of urgency to resolve their technical issues in timely manner.
- Evaluate the scope for timely escalation and ensure that critical problems are addressed as per the priority. Work closely with support engineers and escalation team as and when required.
- Expected to be available to be on call when contacted by premium support customers for P0/P1 customer impacting issues during non-operational hours.
- Should be able to provide deployment advisory and best practices.
- Be the solution expert from the front lines of the SOC to the C-suite
- Proactively monitors customer deployments and drive communication as needed.
- Proactively update customers about product updates, upgrade and ensure necessary action to maintain availability and customer satisfaction.
- Run regular service status meetings and case reviews.
- Provide on-site and virtual product training to Premium Support customers as per requirement
- Debugging system level problems in a multi-vendor, multi-protocol network environment with high- level technical expertise on complex issues.
- Document all technical issues, analysis and communication with the customer and ensure that the documentation is crystal clear with action items, CTAs etc
- Excellent communication and customer management skills
- Experience working with all supported operating systems
- Knowledge of enterprise web technologies, security and cutting-edge infrastructures
- Network infrastructure experience & In-depth knowledge of Networking & Security Concepts
- Security Operations Center working knowledge experience
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, SNMP, FTP, TFTP, SMTP).
- Excellent understanding on application layer protocols (HTTP-HTTPs/SSL), PKI, Network Security – Firewalls/Proxy/VPN and SIEMs
- Knowledge of Java and SQL is a plus
- Scripting language (e.g. Perl, python) is a plus
- 4+ years of technical support experience in large enterprise space with solid understanding of technical support processes, customer management/handling skills & ability to work under pressure
- Experience in providing account based focused technical support is desirable
- The ideal candidate will be an Engineer, who is a self-starter, with excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, documentation, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Quality focus, result & goal orientation in a group situation and commitment to customer delight are a must.
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee Enterprise to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We're serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.